Friday, March 19, 2010

Beauty and the Geek Guest Judge

Two of my friends are part of a church group for high school kids. Tonight they had a Beauty and the Geek theme where the lesson was that God loves everyone equally and you should not judge a book by its cover. God loves Beauty's, Geeks, Emo's white people, Asian people and everyone alike. I thought that the message was put across very well.

I was asked to go along and be the celebrity guest judge. I was told there was a running joke around about how every time there is a 'celebrity' judge it is always this one particular youth leader dressed up as someone. So people were shocked to see me there.

The whole night was VERY well organized. I have been to events which have good intentions, but the participants don't get into the swing of it and the games don't seem to work. Well tonight there were about 10 group leaders and 57 kids and they all dressed as either a Beauty or a Geek. For the Geeks there were braces, star trek outfits, me in my anatomy suit (yes! I finally got to wear it somewhere), glasses, pokemon cards, shirts tucked in, 'kick me' signs and a guitar t-shirt that you could actually play. For the Beauty's there were sun glasses, dresses and beauty pageant sashes.

The games were really great too! There was a quiz to determine which Disney Beauty you are, put the periodic table back together game, use newspaper and toilet paper to create an evening gown before a fashion parade (I was a guest judge), best dressed of the night (again I was a judge), and put the body part labels correctly on the person.

It was a totally awesome night and all the kids had a great time. I was a bit embarrassed because they showed the montage used on the morning show after Emma and me won. Plus I had to sign autographs, girls got excited after poking me because they got to touch a celebrity, and two girls asked for my phone number.

No comments:

Post a Comment