Saturday, January 16, 2010

Rubiks Cube

Ok - so who knows how to solve a Rubiks cube? I could do it when I was younger, well only if you count peeling of the stickers and re-arranging them :) Now I am a bit older, I would love to learn how to solve it the proper way. I am sure there are a number of sites on the internet that teach you how but I am going to start at www.rubiks.com and also the wikipedia entry.

From memory, Alan had one in the house and he knew how to solve it. But I never got a chance to learn :( I love mathematical puzzles and I have heard that there is a mathematical solution! So I think I will have to go searching around my house to see if I still own a Rubiks cube and get cracking. If you are reading this Alan, could you bring your cube to QLD and you can teach me how.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jeremy,

    There's a guy on youtube who explains how to do it step by step. He's quite annoying but he explains it well :D

    Search for Dan Brown Rubik's Cube in youtube and you'll find it no problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I will have a look. Need to buy myself a cube first. Maybe a late Christmas present to myself. Thanks Jeff

    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete