Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Nathans Marathon Part 2

So Nathan ended up completing the marathon in less than 5 hours which was a totally awesome effort for someone with no training! From what I remember him telling me, he walked parts of it but ran most of the way.

The thing about long distance running (from my experiences) is that it does not necessarily matter how fast you train, even whether you are walking or running - it is more about the distances you train. Can you ever remember the last time you were on your feet walking or running for 5 hours straight?!?

I myself found out what it feels like the hard way, but it was really funny when Nathan did. He told me that being on his feet for that long made his legs feel like jelly. After going to bed after the race, he forgot that he had not recovered. So when he tried to get out of bed, his legs completely gave way and he fell out of bed :)

No matter - completing a marathon is a totally awesome achievement and I want to say a big congrats to Nate.

No comments:

Post a Comment