Friday, February 12, 2010

Melbourne Part 2 - Clubbing

So we went out both Friday and Saturday night when we were in Melbourne. The Thursday night was OK, but I think I was in a crappy mood and did not enjoy the places we went or the music as much as I could have. I think I was tired after playing such a tough tennis match with Corin earlier that day. Well, thats my excuse.

On Saturday we started off at a bar that my friend Mel works at. It was good to see her again - I don't see her as often as I would like after she moved to Melbourne. Corin came out to the bar too before we decided to hit the nightclubs. Caught up with Nathan for the first time since the finale which was awesome! It was great for them both to meet my Canberra friends too. Mainly for the fact I wanted my Canberra friends to see how awesome Corin and Nathan are and for them to meet TV stars. (I don't count as a TV star for them because they have always known me).

We ended up at one club where there was dancing actually ON the bar. Also a hens night where the girls were wearing cowgirl hats. There was a bet to see if someone could get one of their hats. Priya disappeared and brought back a hat. 'A hot guy will buy me a drink if I can borrow a hat'. Very sly Priya. The hens night girls also had challenges throughout the night. One challenge was to get a guys underwear. So one of the Geeks volunteered and made one girls night - I have been asked not to reveal who. But there are photos on the net if you search hard enough ;)

We then headed off to another club which had really great music. There was karaoke but it was closing just as we got there. Plus Corin was getting free drinks all night (I think) and did not tell the rest of us. :(

As we were walking to our final club, I said to Corin 'So where are we going?' A passing by drag queen said 'Back to your place honey'. A new new experience which kinda weirded me out.

After Corin got a kebab, we all went back home - it was now 5:30 am. The longest night I have ever been clubbing. It may have been a bad idea because I party lost my voice, was kinda hung over, really tired, and I had a flight back to Canberra were I had to do a bit more filming for the Guinness World Record show. Smart one dumbo! - Geeks have their blond moments too.

3 comments:

  1. Yes JEREMY , you even had a BLONDE moment , when you wrote "BLOND moments". Tt used to take me a couple of days to recover from the old home at 5.30a.m clubbing nights. IMI

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I initially wrote BLONDE but then the spell checker told me it was BLOND. So I thought meh I must be wrong

    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  3. And JEREMY , the moral of the story is , have faith in yourself . I don't know , what's the world coming to , when you can't even trust a spell checker. IMI

    ReplyDelete