Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Gold Coast Day 1

So I have finally gotten around to tell you about the Gold Coast holiday.

Originally the plan was for me to fly from Canberra-Syndey at 7:30 and then Sydney-Gold Coast and 9:10 and meet Xen, Paul and Alan at the Gold Coast airport (they arrived about 30 min before me) and then we share a cab to Nathan's place. Due to Virgin not having enough staff on, my flight was delayed 1 hour. I arrived at about 9:15 and so I missed my connection flight by like 5 mins. Then had to wait 2 hours for the next flight (lucky they gave me $12 worth of meal vouchers for lunch). We touched down at Gold Coast airport and had to wait about 15 mins before we were allowed off the plane due to traffic on the run way. By now the others had left so I caught a shuttle bus to Nathans house. It was a long morning!

Nathans house is right near a hotel and we got free use of the pool :) So when I finally arrived, we all had a relaxing afternoon by the pool, which was more like an inland beach (salt water pool with sand surroundings). So at that stage it was Nathan, Xen, Alan, Paul, Kim and I and we lazed around chatting while we waited for Hadassah and Toby.

Nathans house is really huge and awesome!! Pool, putting green, TV room! Really cool, except for the weird artwork ;) And everyone uses Golf Buggies to get around the suburban area!

That afternoon we went and bought groceries for the week and had a barbecue dinner. It was more of a relaxing day because everyone was tired from the trip up. But it was so great to see everyone again - just like we were back in the house. There were no hard feelings about anything, but everyone kept on paying each other about such as 'it's your fault I did not get to do the billy cart challenge' and 'Jeremy can buy dinner because he is rich' 'that challenge was awesome, but wait I was not there. I wonder why that was'. It was hillarious, and all in good humour. At least I think it was?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment