Monday, October 18, 2010

The Geeks

The number of times that the phrase 'don't judge a book by its cover' got thrown around while we were filming Beauty and the Geek was too many to count. We were going to invent a drinking game - whenever someone says 'don't judge a book by its cover', take a drink. But we though we would be in too much danger of intoxication.

Anyway... I thought that I would give my first impressions of each of the Geeks from Beauty and the Geek Season 2. But without knowing them personally, I could be completely wrong. So in reality, I am judging these guys by their cover, which is precisely what I learnt NOT to do last season. But alas...

Daniel
His bio on the official webpage http://au.tv.yahoo.com/beauty-and-the-geek-australia/geeks/ reads a bit like mine. He did not know he was a geek and his friends/family told him to apply. Seeing footage from the TV commercial, he may get a bit of action from one of the girls. (I think it was him) So he may not be as geeky as some of the others. I expect he may go far in the show, win some challenges and survive an elimination quiz or two - if he gets the right partner.

David
The youngest of the Geeks at only 19, he appears to be on the more Geeky side when looking at the video. Youth and inexperience may not see him last long on the show, but I would bet money that he provides some great highlights. I think you will either love or hate David, but just remember what you see on TV will be exagerated quite a lot.

George
I think that he looks a lot like me! Being from the country, I think that George will go on an amazing journey of discovery and provide numerous funny moments on the show. I reckon he will last a while, because people do not see him as a threat. I think he will be underestimated, maybe even win the whole show.

Marlon
I think he may surprise a few people and may not be as quiet as people may expect. There are a couple of other South Australian Geeks so that may work well for him. I really have no clue how long he will last. But he may fly under the radar for a while.

Michael
Housemate of last year's contestant Toby Latcham, you would hope that he brings the comedy to the show. If people in the house find out about his famous friend they may start to target him. He may last a long time with all the inside information that Toby would likely have given him. The photo on the official website with Jesse is really cuddly and nice, so he may go on a great journey throughout the show.

Stuart
There is something about Stuart that makes me a bit uneasy. I will not make too many comments ubout him until I see the first episode. With his bio saying he is a pop culture junky, he may do well in the challenges and elimination quiz. But he may face the elimination room a number of times and leave the mansion early. Being the eldest of the geeks, he may find it hard to fit in.


Thomas
Wow. Probably the most wacky of the lot - but in a good way. He will be fun to watch. Although he may rub people the wrong way, I think that he means well. He will likely have a lot of aha moments on the show, but I cannot see him winning.

Tim
Hmm...he may be one to watch out for. Like with Stuart, there is something about Tim which makes me think he could win. So again, I will reserve judgement about him. If he makes the makeover stage (which all USA series and the AUS series had) he could prove to be a diamond in the rough. He may be very strategical and play the game.


Apologies if the Geeks are reading this. I personally know that what you see on the official page may not be the real you. Or even what you see on TV. These are first impressions which are probably wrong, but fun to make anyway. My first impressions of the season 1 geeks were wrong, so hopefully we can all catch up for a drink one day get to know each other. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment